The X-Men have escaped Gamma Base, but Bastion's plan proceeds as Cable is forced to defend the Xavier Institute and X-Force and Generation X are hunted by Prime Sentinels...
J Jonah Jameson gets his journalist's head on and encourages the staff at the Daily Bugle to investigate the X-Men's capture. Bastion offers Jameson information on the X-Men, but Jameson burns it in favour of confronting Bastion over his secret agenda.
Callisto and Marrow fight back against Zero Tolerance, mounting an attack on Henry Peter Gyrich. Spider-Man tries to defend Gyrich, but his body guards turn out to be Prime Sentinels and Spidey does his best to stop either side from killing each other.
The Generation X kids are hiding out in Los Angeles when Skin's ex-girlfriend, Miguela Tores, shows up looking to kill him. They're confrontation is interrupted by the Prime Sentinels who are looking to kill everyone.
At the Hulkbuster base, Jubilee helps Daria pull her body back together and comforts her as she learns she's made of nano-bots.
Emma Frost and Banshee continue their search for Gen X. They're approached by D.O.A. who says that Emplate can tell them how to find the team if they hand Penance over to him...
GW Bridge warns Cable that Bastion is planning an assault on the Xavier Institute. Cable hears about the attack on the X-Men on the news and rushes back to the mansion where he takes on OZT's First Strike and prepares Caliban for all-out war.
The Prime Sentinels attack the Mutant Liberation Front and X-Force. Their boss, Ekatarina Gryaznova, captures half of X-Force and keeps Domino's capture a secret from Bastion as she has her own agenda. She's looking for revenge.
Emma Frost and Banshee argue over the deal with Emplate, with Emma keen to make it and save the kids. Emma psi-blasts Banshee, leaving him unconscious, then makes the deal with Emplate.
Learning that she's a freak, too, Daria decides to help Jubilee escape from the Hulkbuster base.
In Los Angeles, Generation X prepare for the fight with the Prime Sentinels...
Cable gets Caliban to safety and encourages him to flee. Returning to the Institute, Cable discovers Bastion's attempt to decode the Xavier Protocols. He telepathically contacts Nate Grey and asks him to protect Phoenix's family. After destroying the mansion's computers, he comes face-to-face with Bastion himself...
Domino is let loose after Ekatarina Gryaznova implants a neural blocker in her head that disrupts her powers.
Siryn, Sunspot and Moonstar attack the Prime Sentinels head-on, in order to free their team-mates.
Warpath's efforts to find his old friend Michael Whitecloud leads him to another dimension where he finds the Vanisher reading stories to weird prairie dog things...
Generation X lead the Prime Sentinels into a trap. The destruction of the Sentinels isn't the only result of the explosion. Synch pulls M out of the rubble, only to find she's become two separate, younger girls - the St Croix twins.
Banshee regains consciousness in time to stop Emma Frost making her deal with Emplate. He order her to stay away from the Xavier School and takes Penance away with him, despite her insistence that she wasn't going to honour her deal with Emplate.
Daria sacrifices herself while helping Jubilee escape from the Hulkbuster base, leaving her wandering the New Mexico desert....
X-Force free Shatterstar, Meltdown and Rictor. Domino, Rictor and Shatterstar leave X-Force. Cable offers the team new identities and encourages them to go on the run. Instead, they decide to find their own way without him and go on a road trip. Warpath remains trapped in the weird dimension, telling stories to prairie dogs.
The X-Men who have been on a space mission find themselves back on Earth. Gambit finds himself at the mercy of the bounty hunters Spat and Grovel. The team is greeted by the robot Nanny who acknowledges Joseph as her master. Maggott continues his search for Joseph. And Marrow declares war on Operation: Zero Tolerance...
Follow the story in:
Uncanny X-Men #346
Generation X #29
Generation X #30
Generation X #31
X-Force #70 (tie-in)
Uncanny X-Men #347 (tie-in)
- Spider-Man net appears in Peter Parker, Spider-Man #81 (1997)
- Operation: Zero Tolerance continues in X-Men #67 (1997)
- Chamber, Husk, Skin, Synch, J Jonah Jameson and Joe Robertson next appear in Marvel Team-Up #1 (1997)
- Domino, Meltdown, Moonstar, Siryn, Sunspot, Warpath and Dr Rebecca Schuyler next appear; Warpath is revealed to have escaped the prairie dog dimension during The Drowning Man in X-Force #71 (1997)
- Michael Whitecloud is murdered before Warpath can find him during The Drowning Man in X-Force #72 (1997)
- Caliban and Ozymandias next appear; Caliban returns to Apocalypse' servitude in Cable #53 (1998)
- The St Croix twins next appear in Generation X #32 (1997)
- Emplate and DOA next appear; Skin's history in LA is explored further in Generation X #33 (1997)
- Callisto next appears in X-Men Unlimited #18 (1997)
- Rictor and Shatterstar next appear in X-Force #76 (1998)
- The origins of M, the St Crois twins, Emplate and Penance are revealed; Penance is revealed to be the real M; the real M first appears; the St Croix twins become Penance in Generation X #40 (1998)
- Miguela Tores next appears; Skin's history with Tores is revealed in Generation X #½ (1998)
- Dr Segismund Joshua and Dr Niral Chandra next appear; the secret of the mysterious doctors and their involvement with Sunspot/Reignfire is revealed in X-Force #79 (1998)
- Risque, Sledge and Vanisher next appear in X-Force #81 (1998)
- Ekatarina Gryaznova next appears as Gryphon; Domino rejoins X-Force in X-Force #82 (1998)
- Spider-Man meets Marrow again in Peter Parker, Spider-Man #4 (1999)
- Caliban battles Cable when they next meet during The Shattering in Cable #73 (1999)
- Forearm next appears in Wolverine #167 (2001)
- Wildside next appears in Weapon X #5 (2003)
- Dragoness next appears in X-Force #5 (2005)
- Domino's real name is revealed as Neena Thurman during Civil War in Civil War: X-Men #1 (2006)
- Tempo next appears in X-Men Annual #2 (2007)
FLASHBACK (part 7, 1997)
Flashback month turns the spotlight to the life of young Peter Parker, before he became Spider-Man...
The head of security at Osborn Industries, Arthur Stacy, investigates the work of a serial killer along with his brother, Detective George Stacy. The Stacy brothers interview Norman Osborn who suggests the culprit could be disgruntled employee Nels van Adder. But Osborn knows the truth: van Adder was an unwilling participant in the first experiment to create the Goblin formula, transforming van Adder into the Proto-Goblin.
The Proto-Goblin is killed in the final confrontation. Arthur learns Norman Osborn is a man who is not to be trusted. In the debris of the final fight, Osborn finds Mendel Stromm's notes that will help him perfect the Goblin formula...
Follow the story in:
Peter Parker, Spider-Man #-1
- Peter Parker and Ben Parker next appears in a flashback in Spider-Man: Fever #1 (2010)
- Aunt May next appears in a flashback in Web of Spider-Man Annual #5 (1989)
- Norman Osborn next appears in a flashback in Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #14 (1994)
- Peter Parker (as Spider-Man), Ben Parker and May Parker first appear in Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962)
- George Stacy next appears in a flashback in Peter Parker, Spider-Man #26 (2001)
- Gwen Stacy next appears in Untold Tales of Spider-Man #4 (1995)
- The Green Goblin first appears in Amazing Spider-Man #12 (1964)
- Arthur Stacy next appears in a flashback in during Maximum Security in Amazing Spider-Man #23 (2000)
- The unnamed Norman Osborn first appears in Amazing Spider-Man #23 (1965)
- Gwen Stacy first appears in Amazing Spider-Man #31 (1965)
- Mendel Stromm first appears; Stromm is released from prison and attacks Spider-Man as the Robot-Master; Norman Osborn is first named in Amazing Spider-Man #37 (1966)
- Norman Osborn reveals his Green Goblin identity to Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man #39 (1966)
- George Stacy first appears in Amazing Spider-Man #56 (1968)
- George Stacy is killed during a battle between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus in Amazing Spider-Man #90 (1970)
- Arthur Stacy first appears; Nancy Stacy next and first appears in Amazing Spider-Man #93 (1971)
- Gwen Stacy is killed by Norman Osborn in his Green Goblin persona in Amazing Spider-Man #121 (1973)
- Norman Osborn is apparently killed in battle with Spider-Man in Amazing Spider-Man #122 (1973)
- Norman Osborn is revealed to have survived during Revelations in Amazing Spider-Man #418 (1996)
- Jill Stacy next and first appears in Peter Parker, Spider-Man #76 (1997)
- Paul Stacy next and first appears in Amazing Spider-Man #421 (1997)
- Modern-day continuity resumes in Peter Parker, Spider-Man #82 (1997)
- Flashback continues in Ka-Zar #-1 (1997)
- Spider-Man and Arthur Stacy resolve their differences and form an alliance to take down Norman Osborn in Spider-Man Unlimited #17 (1997)